The bike trails on Sorin’s bluff (Memorial Park) are open for winter riding with a few caveats:
- You have to bike up from the bottom as the road into the park is not plowed.
- The trails are not groomed other than from other bike or snow shoe traffic.
- The trails are only open for riding if they are frozen or snow covered.
- Please, stay well off the groomed ski trails where the bike trail shares space with the ski loop.
- You MUST ride with a smile on your face. (its’ the law)
Did you know the trails on Sorin’s Bluff are almost entirely built and maintained by volunteers ? These folks are busy, just like everyone else, but they set aside a little bit of time to help make the trails possible. If you can find time to ride, you can find time to invest in the future of the trails. A good rule of thumb is for every 10 hours you spend riding the trails, you should spend at least 1 hour giving back. You can do that, right ?
How do you get involved ? First, join the bike club. By joining, you are investing in us and the work we do to maintain the bike trails.
Second, invest some time to help the club achieve it’s goals. Help with trail work, work one of our events, help us raise money for trail improvement projects, etc. See our calendar link for trail work dates and times.
Click on the contact link on this web page to find out what you can do to get involved and become one of the many volunteers that are stewards of the trails, not just users of the trails.